List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] from KDE2.0.1 to KDE2.2
From:       Michael Leone <turgon () mike-leone ! com>
Date:       2001-09-04 15:43:39

On Tue, 2001-09-04 at 10:59, Chris Leversuch wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 September 2001 3:21 pm, Carlo Maria Laorenza wrote:
> > Hy all!
> > I tried to upgrade to kde2.2 in this way:
> > - turned off KDE2.0.1 as user
> > - turned on a session as superuser
> > - went in the dir were I stored all the new rpms
> > - lunched the         rpm -Fvh *.rpm        command
> > - ........nothing, only a lot of dependency not satisfied!!!!
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> By doing * it won't be installing them in the right order. Try doing the
> kdelibs rpm, then the others except the kdeaddons rpm, then the kdeaddons rpm.
>
> I may be wrong, but that's the order you had to install from source in.

On advice from this list, I installed KDE 2.2 (on Mandrake 7.2) by first
uninstalling all KDE 2.1.1 rpms, and then doing a "rpm -Uvh *.rpm" from
the KDE 2.2 download directory (and satisfying all pre-requisites, such
as libpcre, etc).

> HTH
> Chris Leversuch

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>    ICQ: 50453890     AIM: MikeLeone

PGP public key:
<http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>

Taking a mental stroll through the psychic park of pleasure.