List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Re: Fwd: KDE 2.2
From:       Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn () ringways ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-08-31 15:16:52

Hi John, all,

Thank you VERY much for this post, I now have KDE2.2 working on my box and it
only took (excluding downloads) about 10 minutes, and so far the only problem
is with printing.

However, when I got to the point of installing kdeadmin from the link on the
page mentioned below, it failed on a dependacy of libGLcore.so.1, which seems
to be part of the XFree86-nvidia rpm.  I don't have an NVidia card, so can I
safely --nodeps it?

(say yes, cos I've just done it).

Once again, Thanks for the post.

BTW, what I've seen so far, KDE 2.2 is a big improvement.

Gary

On Friday 31 August 2001 6:30 am, John Aldrich wrote:
> RedHat RPMs for RH 7.1 which DO NOT require a bunch of RawHide packages. If
> you're like me and didn't want to go through the whole rigamarole of
> upgrading using a buncha RawHide packages, this could be your answer. :-)
> 	John

> Subject: KDE 2.2
> Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:03:27 -0400
> From: Devon <devon@tuxfan.homeip.net>
> To: John Aldrich <john@chattanooga.net>
>

> Hi John,
> I managed to get my Seawolf system upgraded to KDE 2.2, as well as
> building compatable rpms for the new release of koffice. If your at all
> interested, I put up a web page with info on the upgrade, and links to
> the .rpm files. It does require upgrading some non kde apps, however,
> having survived the experience, I can attest to the fact that is
> reasonably painless.
> http://www.tuxfan.homeip.net/kde/
> Good luck and have fun! ;)
>
> -D