List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Error mesagges when starting KDE 2.2.
From:       Timm Helbig <Timm.Helbig () thjo ! de>
Date:       2001-08-31 15:22:54

Am Donnerstag, 30. August 2001 20:19 schrieb Víctor Peinado:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a SuSE 7.1 distro and I installed KDE 2.2 a few days ago. Now, when
> I start KDE I obtain the following messages:
>
> linux kdm_config[380]: Unrecognized key 'Xwilling' at
> /opt/kde2/share/config/kdm/kdmrc:78
>
> linux kdm_config[380]: Invalid boolean value ' ' at
> /opt/kde2/share/config/kdm/kdmrc:32
>
> These lines in my kdmrc file are:
> [78]: Xwilling=/var/X11R6/lib/xdm/Xwilling
> [32]: AllowRootLogin=
>
> I guess I need to change/write something, but I don't know what. If I start
> KDE as root, Konqueror can't start, but if I login as a normal user it
> seems to work well. If, after this, I login again as root Konqueror works
> properly. I don't understand it.
>
> Anyone could help me, please? Thanks in advance.
>
> Víctor Peinado.

Hi Victor,

I ran also in this XWilling thing. I removed the line from the kdmrc file. I
noticed no effects on this other than that the message does not appear
anymore.

Regarding your root/Konq problem I can't  help, but you should check the
obvious message logs for weird messages. Also, did you run SuSEconfig after
update? (I guess yes )

Regards,
Timm