List:       kde-linux
Subject:    RE: [kde-linux] This list's subject lines.
From:       "Condon Thomas A KPWA" <tcondon () kpt ! nuwc ! navy ! mil>
Date:       2001-08-17 21:52:36

Rene,

> > I guess I'd ask what's the value of the kde-linux tag on the subject
> > line?  I, as do many others, use procmail to sort inbound
> mailing list
> > stuff.  This recipe:
> >
> > :0
> > * ^TO_kde-linux
> > KDE-linux
>
> Better:
>
> :0
> * ^Sender: kde-linux-admin@mail.kde.org
> kde-linux
>
> (or similary)
>
> Because the List can be in Cc.
>
> Rene

It can be in a number of places.  My mail processing has the "From" show the
actual message originator, and the "To" as the listserver (which, if they
use and alias is *not* kde-linux, and therefore can't be parsed correctly
using your method).  The only place we can guarantee that the kde-linux will
occur is in the subject line, where the list server puts it for all of us.

   In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

   Tom  :-})