List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Help Launching KDE after Ximian Install
From:       Jim George <jgeorge () trigyn ! com>
Date:       2001-08-17 15:20:07

Scott,

	look in /etc for a file called something like prefdm (prefered desktop
 maanger).  it should have a single entry 'gdm' simply change this to 'kdm'.

	Alterrnatively dig around in /etc/X11 for a file called XServers and ensure
 that kdm is mentioned.

HTH

Jim

 That question turns up fairly frequently on the ximian list, and might even
 be in a faq.

On 16 Aug 2001 11:41:16 -0700

Scott Jones <scott@on-sitemanager.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is probably a pretty dumb question, but I've been trying to figure
> it out for a while and haven't been able to...  I installed Ximian GNOME
> on my RedHat Linux 7.1 box, and let it change the login manager to it's
> version of gdm.  Now, I have no idea how to change things back so that I
> can actually use KDE also...
>
> Can someone point me to some help on either getting things set up so
> that I can use KDM or even getting a list of options on my gdm login
> manager?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions that anybody has...  :)
>
> -Scott

Kind Regards,

Jim George
Snr. Project Manager