List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] kmail and kdewallet
From:       "Ryan Rix" <phrkonaleash () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-28 6:22:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Jethro Tull <heavytull@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  This is a problem that i have already posted about but didn't get any
> solution.
>
> I'm using KDEwallet for passwords for Kopete and kmail. But since kmail or
> KDEwallet once crashed, KDEwallet does not anymore starts when i check or
> send emails with kmail. I have to type my email acccount password at every
> session of kmail. Someone suggested me to check some files in
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet but that didn't solved the problem. actually i
> even deleted that directory and created again my account in KDEwallet.
> So now i think that the problem is with kmail.

I get this too.

I believe it has sth to do with the fact that KMail is starting before
kwallet... When I restart kmail after a login it works perfectly fine.

Perhaps you can create a script that will autolaunch kmail after a sleep 5
or something?

#!/bin/sh
sleep 5
kmail &

and place it in your autostart directory? (usually ~/.kde/Autostart or
~/.kde4/Autostart)

(Trying not to top post but gmail web interface seems to prefer it; sorry if
message is borked.)

Thanks and best regards,
Ryan Rix
TamsPalm - The PalmOS Blog

Jasmine Bowden - Class of 2009, Marc Rasmussen - Class of 2008, Erica
Sheffey - Class of 2009, Rest in peace.