List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Editing the K menu
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-07-07 19:42:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 07 July 2005 21:12, Marcelo Amorim wrote:
>  I'm using Fedora Core 3 and I trying to customize
>  the K menu to all systems users, adding some
>  applications developed at my job.
>  Is there any file that control this global
>  configuration?
>  How can I do that?

Have a look at /usr/share/applications
That is the default path for application entries in menus of a couple of
desktop environments, including KDE.

Actually the more reliable way is to ask kde-config for the paths.
For example

kde-config --expandvars --install xdgdata-apps
Where KDE would install application menu entries

kde-config --expandvars --path xdgdata-apps
for a list of all directories search for application menu entries

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>