List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Keyboard stops working (FC4, KDE 3.4)
From:       "ne..." <akabi () speakeasy ! net>
Date:       2005-06-29 9:40:12

On Jun 28, 2005 at 10:57, Van Snyder in a soothing rage wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:26:55 +1000 "Donovan J. Edye"
> <donovan@edyeweb.com> wrote:
>

> - I have just done a fresh install of Fedora Core 4 on a box
> - I am pretty sure I did not see this problem then
> - I then did a "yum update"
> - Now I can login in as user root or donovan into KDE with no problem
> - However when I log in with another valid user candice I am able to
> enter the username and password at the login prompt, but once the KDE
> desktop comes up the keyboard is non responsive. Ie If I try and type
> text in "Run Command" or "Kate" then nothing happens.
>

> I had exactly the same problem.  Turning off legacy USB support in the
> BIOS repaired it.
>
> It's nothing short of bizarre that the kernel mavens managed to break
> the keyboard!
Yours is a totally different problem. The OP needs to fire up
the control centre and look at Regional & Accessibility ->
Accessibility -> Keyboard -> Slow Keys. If this is selected,
unselect it.

HTH
N.Emile...
Moore's Constant:
 	Everybody sets out to do something, and everybody
 	does something, but no one does what he sets out to do.
05:36:50  up 21 days,  9:07,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00