List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] How to run a command when kmail has read every
From:       christophe <christophe.dr () free ! fr>
Date:       2005-06-25 19:42:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le samedi 25 Juin 2005 18:03, Kevin Krammer a écrit :
> [...]
> > So it would be a "No unread messages left" situation?

Yes, you got it right.

> Don't you see that at the very moment you read the last unread message?

Well i would like kmail to automatically execute this command :
echo 0 > /proc/acpi/asus/mled
to turn off the mail led on my laptop when the last unread message is read.
It might sound weird but i thought kmail could do that.

> > So could anyone tell me :
> > - Am i able to create a new notification for this event : 'the kmail user
> > has finished opening the last mail' ? How ?
>
> No, the developers would have to create a notification for that

So i suppose that means there is no way to 'extract' that notification ?

> > - Do i have to upgrade to a newer version to have this 'kmail has
> > finished fecthing the mails' notification ?
>
> I think that one is present since KDE3.2, maybe earlier.
> Definitely in 3.3

So is there a way to create this event notifation ?

> > I think there must be some notification somewhere because, the kmail icon
> > (with the number of emails) in the systray disappears when the las mail
> > is opened by the user.
>
> I pretty sure this is handled directly between KMail and its tray icon.

So the only way to execute my command when last unread message is read is to
hack the code and recompile ?

Actually i would like to have a notification like the one for 'new messages'
but for the event 'every new messages read'. But if there is no way i can
have that, i can live without it. I just want to know if it's possible.

> Cheers,
> Kevin

Do you think i should ask this question on kmail mailing list ?

Thanks.

--
Christophe