List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] kdm won't start KDE
From:       Jim Philips <jimmyc () speedfactory ! net>
Date:       2005-06-04 8:20:06

I just installed KDE 3.4.1 from source on my Slackware 10.1 box. When I try to
log in to KDE using kdm, it only starts an xterm. I can then launch KDE by
typing "startkde" in the terminal. I had this problem before and I solved it
by adding the path to all KDE executables to /etc/profile. And that is still
there, but I'm getting this behavior all over again. Any ideas on how to fix
it?