List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Re: How to get KDE 3.4?
From:       Dave Smith <dave.smith () tstt ! net ! tt>
Date:       2005-03-29 20:36:15

My original query about how to get KDE 3.4 stimulated stimulated a lot of
answers and suggestions for which I am grateful  (and impressed at the speed
of replies - this my first time on this mailing list).

I thought I would let you all know that things have eventually worked out OK.
For the record I did this:

1. Added the repository http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/3/ to
Synaptic and downloaded the most recent kde files (at this point they were
all kde 3.3 files)

2. deleted the existing fc3 files in my rpm list for which there was a kde
equivalent

3. re-installed the appropriate kde files

4. yesterday Synaptic downloaded the most recent kde 3.4 files which I was
able to upgrade to without any problems

Thanks

Dave