List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Missing (?) Konqueror functionality
From:       Tom <linxt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-03-22 21:51:08

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 13:08, André Somers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently switched to KDE 3.4, and I am having trouble locating some
> functionality that I used to use now and then, but now can't find anymore.
>
> First, I used to be able use use the Tools|Filter menu to filter the
> display of files. Now, there is no such item anymore in the Tools menu, or
> in the View menu (would also be a logical place). Does anyone know where
> this has gone?
>
> Basicly the same goes for the "Change Browser Identification" that used to
> be in the menus, but now I can't find anymore. Any idea where this has
> gone, or is my installation to blame?
>
> I am using Gentoo.
>
> Regards,
>
> André

Hi André:

What application is it that you are using for file viewing?  If it is
Konqueror, the "Change Browser Identification" is in the "Settings -
Configure Konqueror - Browser Identification" in the left panel.

There is also a "Tools - View Filters" which allows for viewing only certain
types of files.  Is that what you are trying to do?

HTH, Tom

--
Tom Taylor
registered linux #263467