List:       kde-linux
Subject:    RE: [kde-linux] "setting up interprocess communication" freeze
From:       Luke Q Campagnola <lcampagn () Mines ! EDU>
Date:       2005-03-22 21:44:06

I'm seeing exactly the same problem on a Debian tablet, using both XFree86
4.3.0.1 and X.org 6.8.2. I was so excited that nVidia added RandR support
to the latest driver.. It's unfortunate KDE stopped working.
I've seen this "freeze at setting up interprocess communication" many
different places on the web, over many different versions of KDE, so I
can't help but wonder if there's something going on during this step
that's just inherently unstable or poorly written..?

Has anybody posted a bug at nVidia's site?

Luke