List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] X window decorations in KDE
From:       "Pasi Niemela" <pasi () pasisoft ! com>
Date:       2005-02-28 15:07:56

I'm desperately trying to figure out how to create application window
without any borders.

The X server is XFree86 version 11.0
KDE version is 3.1.3-6.2 Red Hat
Kernel version is 2.3.21-4.EL

When X server in my computer accepts a request from remote client, my server
needs to create a window without borders. I also need to get rid of line
containing "menu, minimize, maximize and close"

In motif window manager this was propably done with following line in
.Xdefaults file:
application_name*clientDecoration: none

How to do this trick in Linux running Xfree86 x-server and KDE as window
manager.
Which part I should configure Xfree86 or KDE, or both?
Does this border removal require something from client application?

Pasi Niemela
pasi@pasisoft.com