List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Background file
From:       SnapafunFrank <Frank () snapafun ! co ! nz>
Date:       2005-02-26 22:23:53

Jes Hall wrote:

> kdesktoprc is the configuration file that contains the reference to the path
> of your current wallpaper - I assumed on one of your distros/useraccounts
> that you had the wallpaper set? Perhaps I am confused.

I doubt the confusion is with you JH, more likely with my understanding
of where things are within Linux. Thanks for hanging in here.

First my /mnt/hdb9_home/frank/.kde/share/config/kdesktoprc file - this
is where I've lost track of a beautiful water cascade picture that I
used on the distro as the background. As above, I set this using the GUI
way. [ Configure Your Desktop > Backgrounds " and then browsing to the
picture to set it. ]

[Desktop Icons]
Preview=clipartthumbnail,htmlthumbnail,imagethumbnail,kofficethumbnail,pothumbnail,otherofficethumbnail,picturethumbnail,gsthumbnail,audio/,textthumbnail

[Devices]
enabled=true
exclude=kdedevice/floppy5_mounted,kdedevice/hdd_mounted,kdedevice/nfs_mounted,kdedevice/zip_mounted,kdedevice/floppy5_unmounted,kdedevice/cdrom_unmounted,kde
 device/cdwriter_unmounted,kdedevice/floppy_unmounted,kdedevice/hdd_unmounted,kdedevice/nfs_unmounted,kdedevice/smb_unmounted,kdedevice/zip_unmounted

[FMSettings]
StandardFont=Sans,10,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0

[KFileDialog Settings]
Preview Size=60
Recent
Files=/home/frank/programs/editpad/editpadleft.png,/usr/local/programs/editpad/editpadleft.png,/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/HTML/howto.png,/home/frank/CAD/gCA
 D3D/xa/xa_logo.xpm,/home/frank/gCAD3D/xa/xa_logo.xpm
ShowPreviews=false
ViewMode=SmallColumns

[KFileDialog Speedbar]
Speedbar IconSize=32

[MiniCli]
CompletionItems=halt:1
CompletionMode=5
History=halt
TerminalApps=ls

[Mouse Buttons]
WheelSwitchesWorkspace=false

[Open-with settings]
CompletionMode=5
History=ooimpress

[ScreenSaver]
BottomLeftCorner=false
BottomRightCorner=false
Saver=ktux.desktop
Timeout=1500
TopLeftCorner=false
TopRightCorner=false

[Version]
KDEVersionMinor=1
KDEVersionRelease=0

As you can see - Screensaver mentioned but nothing about
backgrounds/wallpaper defaults.

Hope this helps clear things.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213