List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Re: Can't change KDE menu?
From:       Jes Hall <jes.hall () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-02-23 5:22:28

> Jes,
>
>     Thank you for your response!
>
> > The KDE menu modifications in recent versions of KDE are stored by
> > default in ~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu,
> >
> > or in
> >
> > $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu
>
> Ok, I've done the "chown -R" and "chgrp -R" things on ~/.config, with no
> apparent change in symptoms.
>
> I've had a look in ~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu, and the
> applications that I've been trying to add seem to be there (multiple
> times). So the problem seems to be that applications-kmenuedit.menu
> isn't being included in the KDE menu?

One thing I'd try is creating an entirely new user that hasn't existed on your
system before, and attempting to edit their menu. If this succeeds, it
indicates that the problem is specific to your profile.

You can also try to attempt to rebuild your menus by running:

kbuildsycoca --noincremental

in a terminal, and see if that prods your updates into being populated.

--
JH

KDE frequently asked questions:
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/faq/

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");