List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Where are all my fonts?
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () ij ! net>
Date:       2005-01-31 17:51:52

Bernt Christandl wrote:

> when i check within the Control Center i see only some few fonts
> to choose of -some bitstream, courier, luxi and 2 or 3 others-
> but no times roman or helvetica...

> But my system "knows" 5801 fonts (following xlsfonts).
> How can i teach KDE where my helvetica or other fonts are?

I think you may have a fontconfig problem. I'm on the fontconfig mailing
list, but haven't paid much attention beyond the fact that currently
bitmapped fonts are disabled by default.
--
"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/