List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Where are all my fonts? (2)
From:       Bernt Christandl <beb () MPA-Garching ! MPG ! DE>
Date:       2005-01-31 14:12:24

Dear all,

thank you very much for your responses!
Nevertheless i still have problems (maybe with understanding only?)

To be more specific than before: we recently changed from kde-3.1.3
to kde-3.3.2 and obviously in between something changed with kde and fonts.

With 313 in "control center" -> "Appearance & Themes" .. -> choose
i have and can choose Helvetica as a font for something.

With 332 i only see 14 fonts instead of "many".

As Rex Dieter and Andrew Kar said,
i tried with a /etc/fonts/local.conf and managed to get some more
fonts for firefox (i need to restart it of course), but not within
kde and control center to choose them (i did logout/login).
And it looks to me as if i still only get truetype fonts
and e.g. no Helveticas...

As Carlo Maria Laorenza said, i used the Fontinstaller (Control Center ->
Appearance & Themes -> System Administration) and then i could
choose among some more truetype fonts, but still i can't get
those Helveticas...

Is KDE-3.3.2 restricted to only truetype-fonts?

With regards,

Bernt Christandl