List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Ximain's Evolution
From:       vailima <vailima () icontech ! com>
Date:       2005-01-28 15:32:05

What am I trying to accomplish?

Right now I'm using a mix of a spreadsheet and a simple word processor to track and \
act on the activity/ies of current customers and potential customers, mostly the \
later, and it appears to me that version 1.2.2. of Ximaion's Evolution which came \
with this Mandrake v9.1 software has successfully merged the functions of data base \
and Emailing, along with the added plus of it's scheduling/calendar system (which to \
me appears to be somewhat better than the Gnome or KDE scheduling/calendar programs, \
which are verfy good as stand-alone programs in their own right).

It's the ability to be able to post right out to a given account over the Internet \
while working with a given account, without having to "park" one active program and \
then having to initiate another one, or two, or three. I hope I made myself clear \
here. If not, let me know.

With regard to Evolution's Data Server. Is this your way of saying that Evolution in \
its current state (v2.0.3.) will not u/l data from any other source, spreadsheet or \
the like, even in the CSV format save for the purchase and installation of a \
"speciality program", i.e., Evolution's Data Server?

By the way, thanks for getting back. It's appreciated very much