List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Konq holding open removable media (Re: [kde-linux] bugs)
From:       Jason Ahrens <jason.ahrens () rogers ! com>
Date:       2005-01-27 2:23:38

On January 26, 2005 11:42, Richard Pace wrote:
> So my experience is that sometimes when KONQ is used as a file manager to
> view files on a CDROM, the CDROM remains "attached" (I don't know how else
> to put it) to KONQUEROR even though no file manager windows are open.

I have also noticed this when using a USB memory stick and mounting it with
Konq. I have been forced to actually kill the process manually before I can
unmount the USB drive.

It seems Konq has some timeout value in which it holds a 'connection' to a
device open before it dies off. Even when you tell it to unmount from Konq,
it does not seem to know enough to terminate it's running connections before
trying. (even if they were in the same window)

Jason

--
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box.
                                                   --Italian Proverb