List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] CD playing on Upgraded KDE 3.3.2 broken.
From:       <steve.goodey () bt ! com>
Date:       2005-01-26 11:31:34

Hello,

I wonder if someone could help me with a broken KDE 3.3.2 please, sorry
if this is the wrong list.

The story is that a working 10.1 Official with KDE 3.2 was upgraded
using Konstruct to KDE 3.3.2 which appeared to go ok. Before the upgrade
kaudiocreator, Amarok and cd playing worked ok. However after the
upgrade these are now broken.

In general the sound works ok, startup/shutdown sounds play ok.
KAudioCreator fails with could not start process unable to create
io-slave: klauncher says unknown protocol audiocd. Amarok gives an
error, could not find any sound-engine plugins. Mixer complains that
library files for kcm_kmix.la not found in paths. In kde control centre,
the menu option Audio CDs crashes with library files for "kcm_audio.la"
not found in paths.

I installed KDE 3.3.2 in /opt/kde3.3.2 and have not removed kde 3.2,
could this be my problem?

I tried adding /usr/lib/kde3 to my paths which is where kcm_kmix.la and
kcm_audio.la are, but no joy.

Any help appreciated.

Regards, Steve Goodey
Colchester, England.