List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Re: Document Relations toolbar keeps showing up in
From:       David P James <dpjames () rogers ! com>
Date:       2005-01-24 1:33:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sun 23 January 2005 18:31, John Andersen wrote:

> A tool that only works with a "standard" not adhered to ANYWHERE
> is not very useful IMHO.

Not quite 'nowhere' but if support for it doesn't exist there's no way
more sites will use them. I think the decision to include rel link
support is the correct one but the execution is rather poor
unfortunately...

> And to have the first release be so universally and obviously
> broken hasn't improved my opinion of it in the least.
> (With apologies to all who slaved over its creation).

I'll grant that it does appear to be broken very badly at present
(Debian appears to have disabled it somehow as I no longer have it
since upgrading to 3.2.2 in experimental). I wish they hadn't made it a
separate toolbar but instead just made it so that the individual
buttons could be added to any toolbar (maybe put the 'next' button on
by default). Or do what the link toolbar extension for Firefox does and
put the buttons in the statusbar.

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario