List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Re: Document Relations toolbar keeps showing up in
From:       Dennis Veatch <dveatch () woh ! rr ! com>
Date:       2005-01-24 1:14:28

On Monday 24 January 2005 06:24 am, Andrew Kar wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:38 pm, Dennis Veatch wrote:
> > Yep, if "never" actually worked I wouldn't mind it so much.
>
> Some distros must have a problem with it because it works fine in fedora3.
> As to its actual usefulness it does actually increase work speed a lot for
> the sorts of things it is designed for because apart from not having to
> scroll pages which is required in almost all search /howto/newsgroups/lists
> etc it also gives a toc / chapters /subs/ search for the whole site without
> having to search through the site and has 3 configure options;
> 1/ Never show toolbar
> 2/ Always show
> 3/ When necessary (correct doc type)

Been through those configure options. So long as I stay in the first tab
things are fine. But for example I'm at a web site and click on a link that
opens another window (tab) it does not stay off and I end up with a huge
sidebar with nearly all the little symbols grayed out.

> Try having a look at the sort of site that it is designed to work with like
> kde.apps.org and you will see it is a worthwhile tool.

I'm not saying it isn't worthwhile...... to some people. Just not for me.