List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Does KDE 3.3.1 have a network config wizard?
From:       Pollywog <linux-kde () shadypond ! com>
Date:       2005-01-16 20:01:02

I have a machine that runs Xandros 3 and it has a wizard that helps configure
the network.

My Thinkpad is running Debian with KDE 3.3.1 and I see KDE utilities for
configuring desktop and file sharing and Samba, but none for configuring
network interfaces.

Also, I was unable to use kppp because my pcmcia modem is on ttyS14 and kppp
does not offer that as a modem.  I symlinked /dev/ttyS14 to /dev/modem but
the link disappears on reboot.  I use the pon command and that works very
well but I had a tough time getting the connection to actually work until I
remembered that /etc/networks/interfaces did not list a ppp0 interface.
A configuration wizard would have enabled me to get things working sooner.
Once I remembered to add ppp0 to interfaces everything worked.

So, is there a wizard that I am not seeing?

thanks