List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] kdeglobals unwritable in case of multiple connexion
From:       Philippe Quentric <philippe.quentric () tiscali ! fr>
Date:       2005-01-14 22:57:32

I recently set up a small network where the clients run mandrake 10.1 with
kde.
The home directories are shared with nfs and everything is fine except when
the same user try to connect from several (beyond 3 or 4) clients.  I get
messages saying that "configuration won't be saved", and
"~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals  file is unwritable"  .

If the user open a kde session from a single client, everything is ok.

Can this come from a pb of timeout to get the writing rights on the
configuration files ?
( if i open the directory "~/.kde/share/config/" with konqueror, it seems like
being writing continuously some files (the window doesn't stop blinking) )

Any help would be appreciated