List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] How can I make my script run when every KDE
From:       Rocky Zhang <rocky () userful ! com>
Date:       2005-01-10 19:15:04

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 12:41, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday 07 January 2005 23:21, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 January 2005 23:23, Rocky Zhang wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm a new one in KDE (I'm now using Fedora Core 3 with KDE). I used to
> > > work on Gnome. Currently I need move some of my stuff to KDE. In gnome,
> > > I can modify /usr/share/gnome/default.session to add my script there, so
> > > it can be executed system wide when session startup. Is there any
> > > similar configuration file in KDE? I know in Gnome, there is a command
> > > "gnome-session-properties" to config each user's session. I wonder if
> > > there is one in KDE. I prefer to modify one file and make it take effect
> > > system wide.
> >
> > This is one way:
> >
> > Make a .desktop item for your script and link/move it to the
> > ~/.kde/Autostart folder.
>
> Or for system wide changes $KDEDIRS/autostart
> (where KDEDIRS is any directory listed in this variable or the installation
> prefix if it is empty or unset)
>
> Same for any setting, modification of the global config files affects user's
> defaults.
> See the kiosktool for modifying and applying restricitions on global settings
> or group settings.
>
> There is a sysadmin documentation area on KDE's website with information on
> this topics:
> http://www.kde.org/areas/sysadmin/
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Thanks, Kevin. Adding Desktop file to $KDEDIR/share/autostart seems a
good idea. I added 1 .desktop file there, it seems works. The question
is that how can I make sure it is first executed (like preload)  before
user launch system services. I have no idea the option
"X-KDE-autostart-condition" and "X-KDE-autostart-phase" mean.

Thanks again.

Rocky