List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] How can I make my script run when every KDE session
From:       Esben Mose Hansen <kde () mosehansen ! dk>
Date:       2005-01-07 21:22:25

On Thursday 06 January 2005 23:23, Rocky Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a new one in KDE (I'm now using Fedora Core 3 with KDE). I used to
> work on Gnome. Currently I need move some of my stuff to KDE. In gnome,
> I can modify /usr/share/gnome/default.session to add my script there, so
> it can be executed system wide when session startup. Is there any
> similar configuration file in KDE? I know in Gnome, there is a command
> "gnome-session-properties" to config each user's session. I wonder if
> there is one in KDE. I prefer to modify one file and make it take effect
> system wide.

This is one way:

Make a .desktop item for your script and link/move it to the ~/.kde/Autostart
folder.

There are two easy ways to create a desktop icon: Either create one with the
menueditor (right-click the K-menu), or copy an existing entry. You can even
have it start after same other program has started.

--
regards. Esben