List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] How to integrate bug fix from source into RPM-based
From:       "Paul C. Leopardi" <leopardi () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2005-01-03 10:55:18

On Monday 03 January 2005 21:17, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> This is not simple, and I wouldn't recommend that you do it unless you
> have built other things from source.
>
> First, remember that you will need the 'devel' packages for all the
> packages that KMail depends on, including KDELibs, Qt, and a lot of stuff.
>
> It is probably best to replace all of KMail.
[details snipped]

James, thanks for the detailed instructions. I'll consider replacing kmail
from source, though it does look like it will take more than a few hours for
me to get it right, so it will have to wait until next weekend. In the
meantime, I'll just have to keep nudging kmail IMAP along.
Best regards