List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] SuSE 64-bit v 32-bit
From:       Paul Townsend <pvstownsend () abc-zyx ! fsnet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-11-30 18:09:49

Dave I think you've misunderstood.

There is no problem installing an entire 64-bit SuSE system. There is no
problem restoring my files containing records of past emails, into that
64-bit system. (So no problems with tar, executable libraries, KDE, Konqueror
or KNode themselves in their 64-bit incarnations.)

The problem is that the 64-bit incarnations of Konqueror and KNode are unable
to correctly read the email history files generated by the 32-bit
incarnations of the same Konqueror and KNode.

It's as though versions of M*******t Word for W*****s 32-bit were unable to
read *documents* produced previously by M*******t Word for W*****s 16-bit.

Any ideas anybody?