List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] KDE and Fedora's up2date
From:       Jerome Yuzyk <jerome () supernet ! ab ! ca>
Date:       2004-10-30 5:11:36

I run Fedora Core 1.

I see that there is a yum repository for KDE stuff, and have added it to my
up2date config so that it sees the packages available. But before I try it
I'd like to know:

  - Can KDE be upgraded with up2date? From the GUI running in KDE or do I
    need to still use the console?

  - The KDE repo has newer versions of non-KDE things like ImageMagick
    and Samba. Can/Should I use those, or stick to non-KDE things from
    the Fedora Core repo?

Thanks.