List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Who has the best Distro?
From:       andrew kar <akar3d () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2004-10-29 1:14:23

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 05:40 am, Jacek Masiulaniec wrote:
> PS. Why replying to my post?

Good Question!

This is happening FAR to often and seems to be because people dont actually
know what they are doing and constantly reply to the wrong person in a thread
or even rudely Hijack a whole thread to ask their own question.

Its quite simple really. If people are reading a thread and someone makes a
comment that you wish to comment on then you right-click on THEIR post and
choose reply. You dont go to the end of the thread or anywhere else.

If you want to ask an unrelated question of your own you DO NOT click reply
and change the Subject line (or even worse ask a question and not change the
subject line) but simply choose "new message" or "new message to mail list"
from your menu.

In this thread Steven Payeur asked a question which jacek replied to but then
Brian Demers hijacked the thread and changed its name AND posted it as a
reply to Jaceks answer to S Payeur. I hope this helps people understand how a
thread flows in a list and will help make our future threads more readable.

andrew