List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Scoll and backspc speed
From:       Harry Putnam <reader () newsguy ! com>
Date:       2004-10-24 21:38:36

OS=Fedora C3T2
KDE-3.3

I've used some setting in KDE before to set the speed of scolling and
the speed of cursor movement like when you have a long cmdline and you
back up to erase some of it.

Somehow I've lost my settings that control that and now cannot figure
out what does it other than keyboard repeat.

My current situation is that when scolling the first 10-15 lines
scroll by very quickly, but then it slowes to less than half that
speed.

On backing out a command line the behavior is similar.  The first
several backups (when holding down bckspc key) go very quickly then
slows down to less than half that speed.

I've reset this before as mentioned but can't remember how.  Further,
I'm not sure how or why my settings got erased.

I know about the keyboard setting under contorl
center/peripherals/keyboard
Keyboard repeat.

Setting the least `delay' and the highest `rate' seems to affect only
the first part.  That is the initial fast motion gets faster but still
the brakes come on after 10-15 repeats.

I want the speed to stay fast throughout.