List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Re: [kde] Re: Has The performance been forgotten?
From:       "Peppe" <cerebro84 () vodafone ! it>
Date:       2004-10-10 4:49:10

I must say there's something weird in KDE. I'm using it for years, and I
wouldn't change it for nothing, but I noticed that on my Desktop (AMD Athlon
2000+) the application startup time is almost immediate, while on my
notebook (Centrino 1500) there is a great delay (some seconds before the
application really starting). I don't thing it's a mhz issue but something
in the compiling process: in fact, on my laptop it was very fast when I used
Mandrake (the same distro as my desktop), while now I'm using gentoo. But
it's not an issue related to precompiled sources, because on my desktop I
use kde-cvs (compiled all by me in my machine).