List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] kde menus and icons lost after power failure
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-06 11:31:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 04:07, magpie wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 09:46:37AM +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 09:03, Sylviane & Perry White wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm not too good but since nobody else answered yet, I suggest it may
> > > be due to a corrupted config file in HOME/.kde.
> >
> > Thanks for your input, Perry.  Yes, I seem to have the question ignored
> > in another forum I tried, too.  Don't think the problem is too hard -
> > maybe it's too easy or people are too busy to answer ;-)

Speaking for myself, I consider this common knowledge so I don't answer
questions like that, there are enough other people that can help you with
that as the reply by Sylviane & Perry White shows. I guess people are a bit
shy at times or everyone is waiting for someone else to answer. The whole
idea behind mailinglists like this one is that if you stick along a bit
longer, you are able to answer to those questions that you once had yourself.

Also, if you find yourself answering the same question over and over again,
then you may want to send the question and its answer to faq@kde.org for
inclusion in the faq.

> I don't know.... I have had a similar problem going back to KDE 3.2 and
> have yet to find a solution. It came about soon after KDE changed its menu
> structure.

User-specific changes to the menu structure are now saved under ~/.config and
user-specific application entries are stored under ~/.local

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org  |  Wanted: Talented KDE developer  |  bastian@suse.com