List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] KDE and Konqueror deficiencies
From:       andrew kar <akar3d () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2004-10-03 14:51:29

Donn L Washburn wrote:

> These are System Adm. commands and there is no GUI way to do it.  So,
> it is not a Linux problem but a straight kppp problem - you are
> correct.  For kppp you could download the source and change it.

I would hesitate to even call it a problem though! Apart from whether
the modems com port can be changed, Kppp can not be expected to list all
possible ports (if you look in /dev you see there are potentially
hundreds) and that is why "modem" is one of the choices and exists for
that very reason. This should always be linked to your modem com port.
Then he can use kppp which of course comes with its own tray activity
indicator so he kill two birds with one stone.

andrew