List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Keyboard slows down
From:       Frank Holt <frankh () uwm ! edu>
Date:       2004-09-29 14:10:39

Thanks for the quick response (daniel too).

I should have said it in my original post but checking for something hogging
the CPU was the first thing I looked at.

I ran top, xosview and I have System Monitor running all the time. Nothing was
using more than normal, and in fact, it happened while I was typing this and
currently Kmail is the only app I have running at the moment.

This one has really got me stumped. It would that the problem must lie in the
way the GUI communicates with the keyboard because the mouse works fine and
all windows, even remote shells are affected. But I really don't know how to
diagnose this problem further.

Thanks,
Frank

On Tuesday September 28, 2004 14:42, Donn L Washburn wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:50:30 -0500
>
>   Frank Holt <frankh@uwm.edu> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a problem that really has me stumped. And annoyed.
>
> I suggest you run "top" and see if something is hogging your CPU.
> In a GUI also xosview is helpful.
>
> 73 de Donn Washburn
> aka N5XWB

Frank Holt