List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Keyboard slows down
From:       daniel <danstemporaryaccount () yahoo ! ca>
Date:       2004-09-28 19:44:31

On September 28, 2004 02:50 pm, Frank Holt wrote:
> At seemingly random intervals my keyboard slows down. By that I mean that
> instead of pressing a key and seeing the letter appear, I must hold the key
> down a while before anything happens. Sometimes for as along as a second.
> At first it seemed as if the keyboard had quit responding, but on further
> investigation it's just slow. Even the shift key must be held before typing
> the letter or it comes out small.
>
> I have tried selectively closing any running apps and then killing
> processes but nothing seems to have an effect. One 2 occasions I just lived
> with it for a while (I had things running I didn't want to interrupt) and
> it fixed itself. Sometimes the problem does not appear all day, today it
> has happen 3 times. I have not run anything today that I didn't run
> yesterday.
>
> At first glance you might be tempted to say it's not a KDE issue and maybe
> that's true. But I can always fix the problem by ending my KDE session and
> logging in again.

try running the system monitor to kicker or running gkrellm to see if your cpu
is spiking at these times.  if it is, look for what could be eating your cpu
using kde system guard, top or ps.

if anything appears odd, try killing it to see what happens.  worse comes to
worst, you can always the output of "ps aux" here.

--
Wash: Psychic? Sounds like something out of science fiction.
 Zoë: We live on a spaceship, dear.