List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Login
From:       "qwandor () flashmail ! com" <qwandor () flashmail ! com>
Date:       2004-07-27 0:57:42

Hi
I'm having a problem with a kde system I've set
up. I'm running Fedora Core 1 with kde
3.2.3-1.0.1 from kde-redhat. Authentication is
through NIS (i.e. ypbind), and home directories
are mounted over NFS. Whenever any user other
than root tries to log in to kde (through kdm),
the screen goes blank briefly then the login
screen comes up again (presumably the X server
is restarting). Root can login fine, and other
users can still login to the console so it
doesn't seem that NIS is the problem.

Also, if someone enters the wrong password then
kdm freezes.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong here?

Andrew