List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] what are crypto plug-ins?
From:       Trevor Smith <trevor () haligonian ! com>
Date:       2004-07-26 0:17:58

On July 25, 2004 8:10 pm, Pollywog wrote:
> You did not mention the distribution you are running, but in Debian, the
> plugins are part of the "cryptplug" package.  Once you install that
> package, you should be able to find them from Kmail's "Settings >Configure
> Kmail > Security > Crypto Plugins" menu.

Well, I'm still no closer to understanding what the crypto plugins are, and
I'm still not able to turn them on, but at least you gave me a clue that
helped me install them. I think.

I'm running FC2. I did "yum install cryptplug" and yum apparently did what I
wanted it to.

Now, in Kmail's "Settings >Configure  Kmail > Security > Crypto Plugins" menu,
I can create a new entry but there is no indication what such an entry is,
what it should look like, etc. However, I still see only grayed out options
when I select "modify" after creating a new entry in this page.

shrug.

I'll try rebooting but I'm sure that's ridiculously kludgy and is not the
problem. This isn't windows, after all.