List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] The compiose key not working after reboot!
From:       Ibrahim Mubarak <ibmub80 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-07-24 11:24:21

Hi,

I have a duel boot system so I go back and forth daily between my WinXP and Debian SID. I live in
France so I use the accents a lot. I learned about the compose key and I love this feature. Once I
set it up in the control center, it works like a charm. However, after each reboot I need to go to
the control center to reset it so that it starts working again. The option is checked, but the
compose key does not work. So I am guessing that there is something KDE is missing at boot time.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
ib

My system: Debian SID / kernel 2.4.26 / KDE 3.2.3 / XFree 4.3