List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] KDE 3.2.3 screen lock authentication error
From:       John Bleichert <syborg () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2004-07-22 16:47:22

Hello All

I've just installed KDE 3.2.3 via Konstruct on a Slackware 9.1 workstation. KDE's \
screensaver in KDE 3.x on this box has always worked fine. However, now my password \
fails to unlock the screen and I need to kill the screensaver manually from a vt. It \
complains that the authentication mechanism fails to work. Xscreensaver/xlock work \
fine.

Any idea how to fix this? I've been using KDEs screenlock all through the 3.x series \
and never hit this.

Thanks - JB