List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: Fwd: [kde-linux] controlling layout in knode 3.2.91
From:       Jim Philips <jimmyc () speedfactory ! net>
Date:       2004-07-22 9:53:53

On Thursday 22 July 2004 05:11, andrew kar wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:46 am, Jim Philips wrote:
> > Should I assume there is no way to control layout and Knode is
> > screwed unless I just delete my config files?
>
> Menu-setting and tick show-header or whatever views. If they appear
> separate then then they will have a little arrow next to the 'x'
> Putting your mouse over it the tooltip will say 'dock' and thats
> exactly what it will do; dock it back into the 3pane view.

It would if it weren't for this bug:

Okay. It's a bug in Knode for 3.2.91. There is a dock widget for the article
viewer and the header viewer that is supposed to reattach these viewers when
they are detached. If you try to dock again, Knode will crash every time. It
is bug number 72574. If you read newsgroups in KDE and don't want to face
this bug in KDE 3.3 final, go by bugs.kde.org and vote for this bug. If the
code isn't fixed, you make one wrong click and Knode is rendered unusable.