List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] run a script by "rebooting" from "standby" mode
From:       Herbert Graeber <lists () graeber-clan ! de>
Date:       2004-07-11 11:34:49

Hi Patrick!

On Sunday 11 July 2004 13:12, Patrick Trettenbrein wrote:
> I'm bringing my system to "standby" state with the following
> script:

> sleep.sh:
>
> cd /etc/init.d
>   ./mysql stop
>   ./hotplug stop
>  sync
> echo -n "1" > /proc/acpi/sleep
>
> I have to disable mySQL and hotplug before going standby, because
> otherwise I got an error like that: "Strange: mySQL could not be
> stopped!". Now I want my computer to run a scirpt like that:

> wakeup.sh:
>
> cd /etc/init.d
>   ./mysql start
>   ./hotplug start
> exit
>
> at switching back to "normal"-mode, so to say, I'd like linux to
> run this script when the system "wakes" up from acpi-1 mode.
>
> Anybody out there, who knows how I could realize that? - Please
> Help!

This if OT on this list. YOu problem has nothing to do with KDE.

Some hint. Do not write your own script for supend mode.
Distributons already have some scripts, that can be customized.
Usually there are some other drivers and subsystems that must be
disabled before going in suspend mode.

An here some more specific hint: everything directly behind 'echo -n
"1"  /proc/acpi/sleep' will be executed after your system continues
after suspend.

Herbert