List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] 2 problems resulting from upgrade to KDE 3.2
From:       "Dave Cresswell" <pcc () clara ! net>
Date:       2004-03-04 15:22:55

Hi,
Problem 1
I have just upgraded to 3.2 on Suse 9.
When I log out of kde as root the computer hangs.
(I have cursor control on a black screen but nothing
else and no means of recovering other than a hard
reboot <ouch!>)
Works fine when I log out as a normal user.
Is this a known problem and what is the solution?

Problem 2
Why does KDE now (annoyingly from my perspective)
log straight into the default user and how do I remove this
behaviour?

Thanks in advance for solutions

---