List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Spell check
From:       Peter B Van Campen <peterb () vancampen ! org>
Date:       2003-11-24 3:16:40

On Sunday 23 November 2003 06:55 pm, Michael Havens wrote:
> Mer-ri-ly I type along
> Typoe along.
> Type along.
> Merrily I type along
> Watch-your-typing!
>
> Oh look, I misspelled a word. Perhaps two. But I do not know that because
> of the spell checker. If I try to run that program Kmail gives me an error.
> That error is:
>
> 	ISpell/Aspell could not be started.Please make sure you
> 	have	ISpell or ASpell in your PATH.
>
> So I tink to myself, "Maybe I don't have it!" So I:
>
> knoppix@bmike1:~$ locate ispell (first I tried 'ISpell' really)
> /home/knoppix/.ispell_en
> /usr/share/aspell/ispell
> /usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell.elc
> /usr/share/slrn/macros/ispell.sl

Hi,

I've had this problem for a few months on SUSE 8.2; a few other folks have
posted with this prob, but I've never seen an answer. I have resigned myself
to waiting for SUSE 9

PeterB

--

Proud to use SuSE Linux, since 5.2
Loving using SuSE Linux 8.2

MyBlog http://vancampen.org/blog/

Nothing is as perfect as a Cultured Diamond
There was never any Blood on a Cultured Diamond