List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Need to install kdelibs 3.1.4 over kdelibs 3.2
From:       Eugene <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2003-10-30 1:37:14

I was following the directions on developer.kde.org on how to install 3.2 and
3.1.4 both on the same system.  Well I goofed on my environment variables and
installed kdelibs 3.2 on my "production" directories and a couple apps don't
work because of it.  I thought I could just install 3.1.4 back over top of it
but when I try to configure I get the message:

configure: error: aRts 1.1.x not found.

You'll need to install a suitable version of aRts in the same prefix as KDE
before you build kdelibs.

(found
 * artsc-config: /usr/local/kde/bin/artsc-config
 * kdelibs prefix: /usr/local/kde
 * aRts prefix: /usr/local/kde
 * aRts version: 1.2.0 (required: 1.1.x)
)

So I have aRts, but a newer than required.  Is there a configure switch to
override the aRts check so kdelibs 3.1.4 will install.  My system 'seemed'
stable before with aRts > 1.1.x so I think I should be ok keeping that
version.  My other option would be to downgrade aRts to 1.1.x, but if I think
it might be simpler if I can just force kdelibs.

Eugene