List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] kde 100% cpu after applying changes to control center
From:       Rekhesh Mohan <reks () rri ! res ! in>
Date:       2003-10-28 21:58:37

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 02:06, Luis Fernando Recalde wrote:

<snip>
> I simply selected some themes and icons to see the
> difference. Now kde starts and the CPU is at 100%
> utilization and memory is 10% free (out of 512 MB).
</snip>

Very unlikely that changing icons caused this. It should be due to some
theme which you selected. Perhaps the theme was buggy?

> First, how can I fix the problem?
> Or how can I reinstall KDE so the problem will go away?

Don't have to re-install KDE to solve the problem!! Reinstallation wont
help you anyway, since all the changes you made were for your personal
account, config files in your ~/.kde directory - nothing to do with the
binaries installed in the system area.

I would suggest to move your ~/.kde to something else and restart
x-session.

--Reks