List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] KDE 3.1 Task Bar With Dual Monitors
From:       David <davido () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-10-28 8:36:42

 El Mar 28 Oct 2003 18:23, Gerhard den Hollander escribió:
> * Jason Coposky <darkfell@yahoo.com> (Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 07:58:40PM
> -0800)
>
> > go into configure panel from the right click
> > context menu on the panel, and then arrangement
> > tab.  set it to 100% lenght and youre set.
>
> Does not work.
> It's either on xinerama screen 1 or xinerama screen 2 ...
> `
> I've got the same problem (though I don;t really care about the control
> panel on only one screen).
> I've got an extra taskbar at the top of the screen which runs knewsticker,
> and I'd like it to run over the full width (i.e. on both monitors), but it
> does not work..
>
> > im assuming you have it set up as TwinView and
> > not dual head with xinerama support on...
> >
> > ~j
> >
> > --- Jimmy James <smcallis182@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hey Guys, I'm going loco here trying to figure
> > > this out.  I've got a Nvidia
> > > GEForce 5200 FX dual head card runing two
> > > monitors in linux.  I've got
> > > xinerama up and running and everything works
> > > just great, I can move windows
> > > between the two monitors, etc,etc.  But for the
> > > LIFE of me I cannot figure
> > > out how to get KDE to span the taskbar across
> > > the two monitors, and it's
> > > driving me batty.  Call me picky, but I just
> > > loathe having one monitor
> > > sitting there with nothing on it....  Please
> > > someone, help relieve my
> > > insanity.
> >--

I used to have this arrangement on my Windows box, until I started vnc'ing
from home every so often to get something done, only to discover the app that
I needed was on the other monitor. only way to access it was to shift
everything to the primary monitor (via control panel). With the task bar on
only one monitor, you can see what's up and say "Move to other monitor".
Fixed.

May not apply in your case, of course, but something to be aware of.

David

The arm folds in at the elbow, not out