List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Choice of distro
From:       John Hunt <john.kde () yoredale ! uklinux ! net>
Date:       2003-05-25 9:41:29

On Sunday 25 May 2003 08:18, Stelian Iancu wrote:
> On Sunday 25 May 2003 00:19, Rob Blomquist wrote:
> > Mandrake more or less rocks.
> >
> > Rob
>
> BTW, do you know where I can find .rpm's with KDE 3.1.2 (Mandrake
> 9.1).

Dunno about downloads, but the (UK) magazine Linux Format #38 includes KDE
3.1.? rpms  for SuSe, Debian, Mandrake, together with generic sources.

Issue #39 has the RH rpms.  I got these installed without too much trouble
into RH8.0.  All is well provided you limit yourself to running only programs
supplied by RH, or so it seems to me. (So forget Pixie Plus etc)

...John
John Hunt
Stokesley, N Yorks, UK
e-mail: john.kde@yoredale.uklinux.net