List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Run a program as root
From:       Stelian Iancu <stelian.iancu () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-04-10 5:28:11

Hi!

I am begining to use Konqueror more and more as a file manager. The
problem is that, sometimes, I have to edit config files. This, of
course, has to be done by root. Right now, I fire up a Konsole, su
and modify the config files in mc. But I would like to use konqueror
for this task too. So, the question is if there are any means to
start konqueror as root (besides making a shell script that uses
sudo)? I remember Win2k had something like "Run as user ..." in the
popup menu that appears when the user right-clicks an icon.

--
Stelian Iancu
Linux registered user 287835